Monday, November 22, 2010

So far, so good. Flynn is flying.

He has a left lung, which fills everything that you would expect a left lung to fill. The right lung is as small as small can be and still be called a lung. However, his blood oxygenation is excellent: when I talked to Dr Yang after the surgery, he said it was at 90 percent oxygenation; when I saw him in the NICU it was up to 98 percent, and they had dropped the oxygenation a little to 90 percent from 100 percent oxygen. He is not on ECMO, he is only vented and sedated. Everything is going as well or better than could be expected. The team was fantastic. We could not have had better people or a better situation to be in.

Now we see how Flynn likes being outside.

Bonnie is doing well, and came through the surgery with no hitches. Flynn, Dr Vlastos says, is flying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog. I have a CDH survivor and blog about him - if you ever want to check it out.

    I have tears in my eyes just reading how well your little Flynn is doing (I follow on CHERUBS also)! These babies are so precious and have such a tough battle ahead of them. I'll be praying for the journey to be as easy and uncomplicated as it can be!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete