Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Three days old

Is it Wednesday already? So much has happened.

They have progressively dropped his oxygen until it is down to 30 percent. He was taken off nitric oxide yesterday. His bilirubin is slightly elevated, but so was Sparrow's. They have been slowly pulling back on the vent but I don't know currently what the breaths per minute is.

Dr Yang says they are surprised he is doing do well with the chest x-rays he has, "But we'll take it!" I keep wondering if there is more right lung concealed by the liver that cannot be seen.

Echocardiogram and more chest x-rays today, results are not yet in: when Bonnie gets back I may know more. The last I spoke with the NICU the expectation was that surgery would be Monday next.

We are all tired, my poor 2 1/2 year old daughter most of all..

1 comment:

  1. If you need us, we are here. Tracy left a message for you, I think. We spent a couple weeks in the NICU in Columbia with our 2nd kiddo and have a good idea what you are going through.

    Call and we will be there.

    ReplyDelete