Monday, November 22, 2010

Waiting

I am sitting in a room. In the room is a sink, a cabinet, a tv (Animal Rescue) a locked computer terminal, a couch, and a wall of medico-mysterium apparatus and ports.

One thing that is not here is my wife, nor my son. They are in an operating room with I don't know how many doctors and nurses. I am waiting for Flynn, and I am waiting for Bonnie.

He is measuring wonderfully, the lungs have done as well as one could hope for under the circumstances, and as of today is officially full term, 37 weeks. He is a strong baby, very active, and he is going to have a big day. My daughter is with nana and papa. I am here. I will be here a few hours . . . Two, three, four, who knows.

There is no better care in the world that Flynn could have gotten. No other team could have done for him what the Fetal Care Institute and Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital and Saint Mary's Hospital has done. I am sitting here in full knowledge of that. And I am sitting here with so many people and so alone.

I am waiting for Flynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment