Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Broviac IV out

Now all Flynn has to worry about are some sensors, the nasal cannula, and the feeding tube. The air in the cannula has been turned down to 1, so there's really only the notch to zero to go there.

There is still some talk of putting a g-tube in him, but I hope it won't be necessary. I would rather spare him the discomfort of another procedure, and the recovery from it, and just deal with the ng-tube as long as he needed it.

He has come so far, in just four weeks and two days. In my wildest hopes I would never have thought we would be standing so close to success as we are.

Our experience has not been characteristic. I do not know what conclusions other parents may draw from what has happened to us. Fortune has indeed smiled on Flynn: he is doing the impossible. None of this could have happened without the Fetal Care Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment